Have you ever had to wait for a tow truck on the side of the road for hours? Or, maybe you’ve heard horror stories from other people about them having to wait for hours for a tow truck. In the middle of the night. In abominable weather.
If you have, you’ll undoubtedly understand that it’s always good to have a tow company in your pocket, and by that, I mean – having their number saved on your phone. It could truly be a lifesaver.
But, you don’t want to have the number of just any towing company saved on your phone, you need to find the best towing company for you.
It may take you quite some time to research local companies thoroughly, but once you’ve found The Company, you’ll be glad you did. This time spent researching will serve you well in the future when you find yourself in an emergency towing situation and you have the number of exactly the right company to call.
You might be wondering what’s the best way to go about finding the right towing company for you, so we’ve written down our top tips to help you on your quest to find a good towing company that you know you can depend on whenever you need them, wherever you are.
Top Tips for Finding an Excellent Towing Company
Before you start researching towing companies, make sure that you know exactly what you are looking for in a towing company. Think of all your towing needs and make a list of questions you can use to research towing companies.
For example, if you know that you’ll be driving late at night or on holidays and weekends, during dangerous weather, it’s good to know if the company provides 24-hour service.
The best way to find out accurate information about a company is to call up the company or by reading their website.
Make a Checklist of Questions You Want Answered, Before You Make The Call.
- Ask about availability – does the company offer 27/7 service?
- How long does the company usually take to send someone to help? You don’t need to have an exact number of minutes, but it’s good to know if someone is dispatched immediately and that it usually doesn’t take long. You really don’t want to be waiting on the roadside for hours.
- Ask if the company and its technicians are local? If they are it means that the technicians know the area well and their service will usually be faster. They will probably also be able to recommend good and reasonable auto shops in the area.
- Ask what services they offer – you might only be thinking about towing services right now, but most towing companies offer other roadside assistance and some, like Toro Road Runners, even offer auto locksmith services.
- Don’t forget to ask about costs and compare costs of different companies. Different companies charge different prices and some even charge fees for different services. Ask them about prices upfront, because it’s no good finding a towing company if you can’t afford to pay its prices. Know what company you can afford. It’s important to be prepared and to know your budget for unexpected emergency car expenses. Also, ask what mode of payment they accept.
Research Towing Companies Online
Also, take your time reading their websites, and look for recommendations on different review sites like Google My Business and Yelp.
Ask for Recommendations
So you’ve spoken (or read about) the companies, read reviews, and now it’s time to speak to people you know who can recommend local towing companies.
It might seem like a lot of work just to find a towing company but think about it – if you’re not feeling well will you go to just any doctor or will you go to someone who comes highly recommended?
That’s right, so why wouldn’t you do the same research when it comes to your car. After all, a car is expensive and for most people one of their most important tools. It gets you to school, to work, to the doctor, and more.
Having the number of a good, dependable tow truck company saved in your telephone is one of the most responsible things any driver can do.